Welcome...

The e-VBS is a team of teenagers who produce a Christian teen chat show called 'The e-VBS' and other segments too.
Our aim is to spread the love of God to our generation by exploring some of life's hardest questions.
'Helping you steer your life, towards the light!'
God Bless you and hope this page was a blessing to you...please let us know what you think!


Sunday 6 March 2011

His ways are not our own...

Recently, I was reading my Bible on the bus. Usually I sit upstairs but decided to sit down, usually I sit at the front but decided to sit at the back - I don't know why! A lady who sat opposite me was watching and sat next to me. I didn't take much notice and continued to read. Hesitantly, she spoke to me, encouraging me and giving me a study on the Lord's will - she was a Christian and what she told me struck me - 'It is important to do His will in all that we do'. I knew that God spoke through that lady to me, she wanted to give that study to someone else but felt the urge to give it to me. It dawned on me that, all this while, I have been planning to do so much but haven't really wondered if that was God's will for me. I suddenly realized that His ways are different, He knows better. He used various unlikely acts to teach me something.
Likewise, this weekend, after Saved to Serve, on my way home, I felt the urge for forgiveness. I cried out to the Lord in my mind, seeking His grace and asking Him to open doors, lead the way and stir my life in the direction that He wants me to. When I was still unsure, I looked at the sky ( I don't know if this was co-incidence, but I believe He was behind this event), rays of light were falling down through the clouds and the clouds formed the shape of eyes. I was overwhelmed with a feeling of peace that God in in control and that He has heard my prayer.
Isn't it wonderful how He uses weird events to show you what He thinks and what we ought to do? His ways are certainly not our own....so lets seek Him for guidance and wait patiently for am answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment