Welcome...

The e-VBS is a team of teenagers who produce a Christian teen chat show called 'The e-VBS' and other segments too.
Our aim is to spread the love of God to our generation by exploring some of life's hardest questions.
'Helping you steer your life, towards the light!'
God Bless you and hope this page was a blessing to you...please let us know what you think!


Wednesday 9 February 2011

THREE MOST IMPORTANT VIRTUES

I thought I trusted Lord to help me through my test today in school... But although I got a good mark, it wasn't good enough! To begin with, I didn't mind but later it pricked me inside.

I think, at one moment I even started to build anger towards God for not giving me what I wanted! Frustration overcame me and tears began to flood my eyes... He then made it obvious to me that I was relying on my own might to get that 'good' mark! Pride and self-confidence blinded me from the truth that 'victory comes from the Lord'.

As humans, we love to lie to ourselves; I lied to myself that I trusted God fully when actually I was too proud about my own skills (which, in fact, are worth NOTHING!), to think I needed God's help. God is the wisdom bank and all we have to do is ask humbly to receive some!
God does unexpected things that may upset you sometimes, BUT not to harm you BUT to strengthen you, teach you where you're going wrong so that you don't make the same mistake again when it truly would matter.
Luckily, the test today was only a mock test, and I know that God has taught me an unforgettable lesson for the real exam!

What I learnt today, is very difficult for me follow, BUT I know that with His help, anything is possible!
 I have learnt the 3 MOST IMPORTANT VIRTUES: Humility, Trust(in God), Honesty.
Do you follow them?

No comments:

Post a Comment