Welcome...

The e-VBS is a team of teenagers who produce a Christian teen chat show called 'The e-VBS' and other segments too.
Our aim is to spread the love of God to our generation by exploring some of life's hardest questions.
'Helping you steer your life, towards the light!'
God Bless you and hope this page was a blessing to you...please let us know what you think!


Tuesday 1 February 2011

Jesus - my best friend!

The hardest challenge as a Christian teen I find is to be a good friend(to non-Christians too) and try to be a good Christian at the same time...

At first I was oblivious to this and learnt the boundary the hard way... I used to indulge in all sorts of gossip and chit-chat with my friends, we used to do many things together. But the day came when I chose to follow God and repent of my sins .i.e I became a Christian. Suddenly, the appealing worldly pleasures seemed distant, I knew they were wrong and that I had to stop. When my friends continued to indulge in them, I tried to convince them to stop, but all in vain. I thought that I should give up but knew that they were hiding these from their parents. I had to seek guidance from a good Christian to help me give the correct advise - my mum. As you can imagine, when they found out I told my mum, they weren't happy at all and that was the end of the our friendship!

As a Christian, I learnt that you will not be able to please everyone, people are going to dislike you for your values and beliefs. But above all it is vital to please God and help your friends do the same. If you know they just ignore your advise or you don't know how to advise them, the best place to ask is a good Christian - a parent, a religious teacher a Christian friend .etc. Respect their advise, they've got more experience than you.

I am not perfect by any standards, none of us are but we have to try our best and ask God to strengthen us and help us be sincere. Although most of my present friends aren't Christians, they help me be steadfast in my values and respect my advise, views and choices. Anyway, it is better to have no friends than have the wrong kind who encourage you to fall rather than walk in the light.

Always remember, Jesus is the best friend you could ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment