Welcome...

The e-VBS is a team of teenagers who produce a Christian teen chat show called 'The e-VBS' and other segments too.
Our aim is to spread the love of God to our generation by exploring some of life's hardest questions.
'Helping you steer your life, towards the light!'
God Bless you and hope this page was a blessing to you...please let us know what you think!


Tuesday 18 January 2011

My thorn brought forth a rose...

I've had a book called 'Steps to Christ' by Ellen.G.White for over a year but I've never thought about reading it.
Over the past two days I've been struggling with guilt over doubting God's omni-potent power due to learning various scientific theories. Although, I know I don't believe them at all...when you're surrounded by people bombarding you with so much information to make it sound like a fact, I slipped slightly when a doubt popped up. Although I discarded it with His help...the guilt didn't relieve me.
When I was down and upset, I prayed asking God to help me...the first thing I noticed was this book...something I've never picked up, I suddenly found my self reading through the first few pages...God is awesome, gracious, He is ready to forgive us if we are ready to be forgiven, He will help us through....
Although the world seems filled with thorns and thistles remember.... thistles bring forth buds and thorns, roses.
There is hope for us to be forgiven and helped through....God used this book to reassure me of my destiny and His glorious, unfailing love and His saving grace. He is an amazing God. He is omniscient...although He knows the choices you will make with your free will, He has preplanned solutions for us, to help us get back in the race...just like He saved this book for me, for now....from almost a year ago...He knows that I'll need it now!
Don't be dismayed and waste your time feeling guilty over what you did (again) but ask God for forgiveness, trust in Him to lead the way...and He will certainly help you get back in the race stronger and with a greater drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment