Welcome...

The e-VBS is a team of teenagers who produce a Christian teen chat show called 'The e-VBS' and other segments too.
Our aim is to spread the love of God to our generation by exploring some of life's hardest questions.
'Helping you steer your life, towards the light!'
God Bless you and hope this page was a blessing to you...please let us know what you think!


Friday 24 December 2010

A world that is falling everyday!

By: Philip Pullman
A few weeks ago my friends and I were talking about God and an atheist friend of mine was asking me about the life of Jesus. While she seemed quite keen, an ex-Christian, atheist friend of mine asked me if I felt that certain 'mysteries' behind the 'untold stories of Jesus' were true. I said, 'No! Of course not!'.
She went on further questioning me about why I said that, I replied that it was my belief and I know that the Bible is the truth. However, sadly, my friend's answer was, 'I watched a programme and read a book too, and they have more evidence to these topics' I decided to not argue but smile and take it to the Lord in prayer.

That was when I saw a well known, respected broad-sheet paper, wasting a whole page on advertising this book with the caption - 'the untold story of Jesus Christ'.

According to the 'Religious Act' this kind of false advertising shouldn't be allowed...would people dare to advertise a book that distorts the beliefs of any other religion? No!

The media projects a very distorted image of the teachings of the Bible in many forms: Documentaries, Programmes, Books and even Advertisements! They do it because the majority don't oppose(although they don't agree) and this adulterates the minds of the younger generation and the minority who develop a hatred and ignorance towards the Living God, whom we all desperately need!

Let us not encourage these authors but do our part by spreading the Gospel to the ones we love this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment